"Ten Commandments for Responsible Dog Ownership"
by Laura Michaels
1) My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
2) Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3) Place your trust in me - it is crucial for my well being.
4) Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment.5) Talk to me, Even if I don't understand your words.
I HAVE ONLY YOU.
I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.6) Be aware that however you treat me, I'll NEVER forget it.
7) Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones
in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.8) Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something
might be bothering me.9) Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long,
or my heart may be getting old and weak.
10) Go with me on difficult journeys.
Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or, "Let it happen in my absence."
Everything is easier for me if you are there.
Remember that I love you.
[ リスト ]