The Tetegraph紙(3月31日)からの記事(2)
Japan nuclear crisis: Fukushima 50 'expect to die'
日本の原発危機: 福島50人組みが死亡すると予想される。
--- 記事(1)からの続き ---
Japan was on Thursday continuing its struggle to regain control over crucial cooling systems at four damaged reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.
日本は3月31日の木曜日にも引き続き、福島第一原発のダメッジを受けた4機の
原子炉の極めて重要な冷却システムに対して、再度の回復の努力を必死にしている。
Fears over potential leaks from the plant in north-eastern Japan escalated after radioactive iodine was found in nearby seawater that is 4,385 times the legal limit. Radioactive contamination in groundwater underneath reactor No 2 has been measured at 10,000 times the government health standard.
日本の東北部の原発プラントからの放射能もれへの恐怖がますます高まっている。
放射性ヨウ素が近くの海水から通常の4,385倍も検出され、また、2号機の
原子炉の地下の水から放射能汚染が政府の健康の基準値の10,000倍に、
達していると観測された。
The International Atomic Energy Agency said radioactivity safety limits had been exceeded as far as 25 miles away and urged the government to re-examine its exclusion zone in which residents are banned. Spot tests conducted by the watchdog at Iitate village, 25 miles northwest of Fukushima, showed readings twice as high as levels at which the agency recommends evacuation. But Naoto Kan, the prime minister, said there were no plans to extend the zone from the current 12 miles, affecting 70,000 residents There is a further "stay indoors" policy for a further 130,000 people who live up to 19 miles away.
IAEG(国際原子力委員会)によると、放射性の安全限度が40キロ離れていても、
基準を上回っているので、日本政府に、その居住制限の地域を再度検証するようにと
促した。原発の北40キロの飯舘村にいる監視委員によって行われた
観測地点でのテストでは、その委員が避難を勧めている値の2倍近い値を示していると。
しかし、管首相は、7万人に 影響を与えている現在の20キロの範囲を広げる計画はない
と言っている。30キロ以内の13万人に対しての屋内退去は引き続き行われている。
Meanwhile, Japan asked trading partners at the World Trade Organisation not to "overact" by unnecessarily restricting the import of food produce.
それと平行して、日本は、WTO加盟国に対して、野菜等の輸入制限を必要以上にして、
過剰反応をしないように呼びかけた。
A growing number of international food companies are shunning Japanese products amid fears of contamination, despite government assurances of safety.
国際的に多くの食べ物を扱う会社は、日本政府の安全性の保証にもかかわらず、
食物汚染の危惧から、日本で取れた食物を締め出している。
Nearly three weeks have passed since the disaster, which left 27,000 killed or missing, a quarter of a million homeless and critical damage to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.
災害から約3週間を過ぎた今、2万7千人に及ぶ死者と行方不明者にのぼり、
25万人の家がないホームレスを生み、そして福島原発の致命的なダメッジがある。
Forecast as the world's costliest natural disaster, the government is estimated to require over £75 billion in emergency budgets to cover costs for disaster relief and the biggest reconstruction project since the end of the second world war.
世界的にみてもっとも被害の大きい自然災害に見舞われ、政府は、第二次大戦後以来、
もっとも大きい復興プロジェクトであり、この災害復興の経費を賄う緊急財源として、
750億ポンド(約10兆円)が必要だと見積もられています。
Criticism of Tokyo Electric Power, operator of the nuclear plant, has continued to mount following stiff government reprimands for earlier miscalculations of radiation figures. Yesterday, there were claims that the company's disaster contingency plans were far from adequate, according to documents obtained by the Wall Street Journal.
原発の東京電力への批判は、政府が、東京電力の発表した放射能の値の初期的なミスを
厳しく批判したのに続き、ますます大きくなってきています。昨日(3月30日)には、
「the Wall Street Journal」紙によって得られた書類に拠ると、東電の災害緊急プランは、
全く、適当からは程遠いものだというクレームが出されました。
Designed to deal with only small-scale accidents, there were reportedly no details on drafting firefighters from Tokyo, the use of military resources or the borrowing of US equipment – all of which have been part of the company's crisis responce.
ただ小さい規模の事故の対処に決められているだけで、報告によると、東京からの
消防隊の要請や自衛隊からの支援や米国から機動要請に関しては、全く、
定められた詳細がないとも言われている。 <完>